Saturday 20 August 2011

Autumnal Jewel Trend

Jewel tones are huge this season; with ruby, sapphire, citrine and garnet being a few of the many colours to choose from this rich palette, winter promises to be bright and dazzling.

As I love to deck myself out in rings and jewelry, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to purchase some gems when I went to do a spot of shopping the other day. I was blinded by the jewelry section in Dorothy Perkins! There were many different styles and accessory types, all neatly organized according to their gem shade. It all looked very beautiful, oozing with splendor and purchasing promise!
White dappled stone cage ring: Dorothy Perkins, sale £2
Emerald block ring: New Look £2.99
Amethyst octagon gemstone: Asos.com sale £5
Gold rope necklace: Dorothy Perkins, sale £2
Ruby friendship bracelet: Dorothy Perkins, sale £2
Emerald block ring: New Look £2.99 
This lush jewel colour palette has become the new black; various saturated shades have graced the Autumn/Winter runways in fine silks and satin folds, proving to be the trend in every designer's mind.
Designers such as Erdem, Roland Mouret, Paul and Joe, and Gucci, have created sophisticated evening wear to showcase these glistening gem beauties to their full impact. The idea is to evoke happiness and power by styling structure with luxe floating fabrics, combining conflicting and contrasting colours to make you feel like a diamond among pearls! 
On the left we have gorgeous green jades and emeralds from Gucci's A/W 2011 collection, who is my favorite designer for showcasing the jewel trend this season - check out their rich and luxurious collection details here. Layering and build up accessories that conflict in colour and fabric is a *Doll Tip* to achieving the bejeweled look this autumn.

On the right, is a picture of me wearing an emerald jersey 3/4 sleeve top I bought from Dorothy Perkins for £22 - green is a great colour for all red heads, and even though I gravitate to a monochrome palette, even I can't ignore colour this season. Always try on a jewel colours before buying the garment - the colour maybe beautiful but if it is not right for your skin tone, you could look washed out.

Sparkle and shine like the jewels you all are!

Doll love xXx

9 comments:

  1. Oh I'm on a shopping ban but you make me crave jewelry! Shame on you!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the emerald block ring the most, and dp usually do offer pretty decently priced jewellery - and possibly more variety than the other stores. Some of my most cherished pendants hailed form dotty p's!

    I'm really drawn to the sheer, silky fabrics in the runway image, this suggestion of decadence appeals to me, and yet still retains a sort of carefree feel - indulgence and carelessness are quite a captivating combination for me. And i love the green shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe it's time to think about A/W already! I'm not prepared to leave the floaty florals of S/S just yet!
    On a separate note, can I just say, your hair is amazing! Beautiful colour and such a unique and cool style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your rings :-), I just bought myself a green jewel tone ring! I really like rich colours, and I'm looking forward to buying some deep green and pink jumpers jumpers - even if I usually seem to just wear grey black and navy blue!

    Sarah
    xo

    www.almostdelightful.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving the jewel trend for winter, instead of the dull colours! I especially LOVE the jewelrry you bought! Might have to pop there myself ;) You look gorgeous in your picture, that top is a beautiful colour and im liking your bootss :D hanna xxxxxx

    www.confessionsofabritishbirdie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have such a pretty blog :)
    I am so happy it's coming up to A/W Ilove snuggly clothes. The jewelry is so beautiful, I love me a good accessory xx

    http://fromafresher.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those rings you found are lovely!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous!! I love the bracelet! :)
    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for all your beautiful comments my blogging girlies :D means so much to me! And all of who are visiting my blog for the first time, welcome, and come again!

    Love to you all, and stay Doll fashion-tastic
    xx Sarah

    ReplyDelete